Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Trip to Kemah

I have felt a lot of mom guilt this summer over the fact that I haven't been able to spend as much time with my kiddos because of nursing school. This has just really eaten at me. 

I wanted to do something fun with them, close to home, but still feel like we did something. So I took the boys to Kemah, roughly an hour away from our house. Josh's plant is having some really significant issues and needs all hands on deck to work it out, so he wasn't able to come with us. 


It was a fun little getaway! 


We arrived and first hit up the Aquarium for lunch. There's no point in doing anything until our tummies were full. The kids really loved this environment. They seated us right next to the main column tank and it was definitely worth it. The price is a bit expensive for the food, but you are paying for the experience. 

Then we headed to the Stingray Reef. So, so cool. I bought the kids some little sardines and we were able to feed and touch the stingrays.








Both of my scaredy cat boys did it. They had a great time. Then we were able to look around at the other wildlife in the exhibit. 









We took a few pictures around the place and did a bit of shopping. It was ridiculously hot outside so we just enjoyed what we felt like doing. 






Every day I can spend with my kids is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment