Saturday, June 27, 2015

Quick trip!

Summer is a time for family, fun, and trips. 

Unfortunately, I am in nursing school this summer. I'm trying not to be bitter about it, but honestly, these classes should be online courses. I'm not enjoying it and I am feeling kind of grumpy that I have to be tethered to home this whole summer for school. 

Well, I guess my husband was getting tired of seeing all of his Facebook friends enjoying their vacations camping, tubing, Disney World-ing, beaching, and all the fun things other than staying home. 

He came home this week from work saying, "Gee I wish we could go to Universal Studios." 

My reaction? In my head, I was screaming that I am always ready to go ANYWHERE! But my mouth said, "Wow, that is really specific. What brought that on?"

We got into a discussion about how he felt stuck at home because of my school and he had really wanted to take the kids somewhere over the break, and he saw a commercial for Universal and really wanted to go. 

I thought he was just venting, but knowing my husband and his ability to be easily swayed, especially when it is all laid out neatly for him, I got online and started looking. The kids sat with me as I looked on the website. 

I heard him in the other room talking about how flights are so expensive and he wondered if they even had package deals with inexpensive hotels in the area. I was already two steps ahead of him, finding prices for a hotel, flight, and 3 day passes to the parks. 


Honestly, when I found the Cabana Bay Beach Hotel, I was sold immediately. I would have said anything to convince Josh to go on this trip. 

Check out Cabana Bay....






It's new, its mid-century themed, and it is super reasonable. I am obsessed with all things 50's and 60's and I just could barely keep my mouth shut. It has a bowling alley, amazing beaches and pools, great themed dining, a lazy river, and just the cutest themed rooms ever.

So, I found a round-trip flight for the four of us, picked 4 days right after school lets out for me, found a room at Cabana Bay, and picked out park admission tickets for 3 days. Josh came into the room still trying to talk himself out of wanting to go when my package price came up. 

"This can't be right," I said quietly. 

Josh said, "I know. It's too expensive for us to fly somewhere right now."  

I shook my head and said, "For round trip flight to Orlando, 4 days in the on-site hotel, transportation, and a 3 day park pass for all four of us is less than our 4 day cruise we took last summer." 

Josh instantly sat up. "Really??" This is what I love about Josh. He is such a kid. 

I told him we could leave Friday, the day after I get out of school, spend Saturday and Sunday at the 2 Universal parks, spend Monday hanging around Orlando and end it going to Medieval Times, and then fly back early Tuesday morning...just in time for Meet the Teacher for Jansen that evening. 

Needless to say, we booked it. We leave August 14th. I'm so excited!!! I have been to Orlando for Disney World 5 times, but have never been to Orlando to try other things. We even thought about going to Lego Land...it's only about an hour drive from Orlando. It's still a possibility. 

I just want to fast forward to August. Dang you nursing school...cramping my style!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment