Saturday, June 6, 2015

First day of senior year...Nursing school

Summer school has begun!

This 11 week semester is hopefully going to be slower paced than previous semesters. Please Lord. I am taking Maternal nursing (L&D) and Pediatrics and have clinicals at the health department and a labor and delivery rotation at Matagorda Regional Hospital.


We pretty much know what our pedi schedule will look like, as well as the clinical schedule...but maternal...who knows. It makes me nervous to not be able to predict these kinds of things. 

But seriously, I'm just trying to finish. I'm trying to change my thought process to just one week at a time. Just put one foot in front of the other this week, show up and do your best, and be done. I am such an overachiever and I have been working on this for 2.5 years now, giving it my all, and I am tired of doing that. I just don't feel like I can or want to give it my 100%. 

Now by 100% I mean I am no longer going to turn down all invitations on the weekends, forgo going to my kids events etc. Yes there are times when I will have to do school work. And when I get a job, there will be times when I have to work. But by then, I am hoping that I have fallen in love with nursing and will find it all worth it. 

Until then...make it through nursing school. Complete it. Take the licensure exam and pass it. Then find a job if I am ready. Stop trying to plan out everything and worry about things that haven't happened yet. I'm a work in progress. As Janis Joplin said, "You can destroy your now by worrying about tomorrow.".

No comments:

Post a Comment