Monday, December 22, 2014

House Christmas decorations and hosting family

Since my inlaws have moved away, and my husband's grandmother just passed away, we offered to host Christmas a few days early, for everyone at our house this year. First time ever!

It was pretty much a success. The inlaws came down in their 5th wheel and picked up my husband's grandfather. My sister in law, brother in law, and my nephew came over as well.

I spent two days cleaning, prepping, and worrying if everything would turn out well. Honestly, I can't complain.







I got as much of the house decorated as I could.

We were planning on Josh making chili, and then when we went to the store, there was no chili mix to be purchased in all of Brazoria County!!! Last minute change of plans...I made taco soup. Then I made some Cake Boss Mix cupcakes. They were beautiful and fluffy out of the oven but shrank to half of that size as they cooled. What the heck Buddy Valastro?! Then, as I was piping the frosting on, my piping bag exploded! After all, it was 4 years old. But dang! Things were getting a bit frustrating.

But then everyone came over to eat, spend time together, and open presents and I forgot all about the mishaps that went on literally minutes before everyone arrived.























We had a really good time. There were a few arguments, some tears, lots of laughter, and plenty of good times. Yes, I believe I would call it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment