Saturday, December 6, 2014

Grandmother's Passing

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their good thoughts, prayers, and kind words during the time that Josh's grandmother was in hospice. Sadly, she passed away on Wednesday.

My in laws came down from Bandera to stay a few weeks while she was in hospice at home and I am so glad they did. My mother in law needed time with her mother before she passed.

It was an experience to watch this woman transition from this life to the next. I was able to spend some good time with her and help out a bit...although not as much as I would have liked since I am in school.

I have no grandparents left. They have all been gone for longer than 10 years. My husband has all of his grandparents. Three sets actually, due to a divorce and remarriages. They are all wonderful people. They all welcomed me into the family almost 14 years ago and became my family as well. I am thankful for each one of them.

Meemaw was a giver. She gave of herself, her time, her talents, and was an amazing woman. Josh had a great relationship with her. My boys had a really good relationship with her. I am so happy that they were able to have her as a great grand mother for 11 years.






We will miss you Meemaw.
My mother in law and Meemaw at my engagement lunch in 2001

 
Josh's grandmothers and I at my wedding shower


This one is at my wedding tea...Josh's grandmothers including my amazing Mamaw on the left!


Meemaw, my mother in law, my mom's friend Claire, my mom, and I all working on wedding favors at Meemaw's house



My college graduation from Texas A&M, summer 2001

Josh's grandmothers and I at my baby shower for Caleb

Caleb's birth

Caleb and my nephew Nathyn being forced to love each other by Meemaw and my mother in law.

Caleb's first Halloween with Meemaw and Pawpaw

Celebrating Caleb's first birthday!

Awaiting Jansen's birth

Spending countless Easters giving candy!

Celebrating tons of birthdays!

Celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary

Spending family time together

Spending so many Christmases together

More family time

 

No comments:

Post a Comment