Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pizza stuffed parmesan crusted chicken...

Well, I was planning on making the faux mashed potatoes yesterday but both of the kids had tutorials and Jansen had an extra private tutoring class after tutorials, so by the time I picked him up, Josh was home. It was time for dinner!

The good thing was, I timed the chicken just right so that when I got home, it only had three more minutes to bake. 

Josh said, "I am impressed with this chicken!" Yay! Go me!!!

Next time I would use chicken breast, because they would be easier to pound thin, and then just fold over the pizza stuffing. Alas, I only had chicken tenders, so it was difficult to get the stuffing to stay in the pocket. 

Anyway here it is...

Looks pretty good right?! Tasted yummy. Now this was low carb, the "breading" was parmesan cheese. It would have been AMAZING with traditional breading, but we needed this to be as low on the carbs as possible. 

It was pretty easy. Here is what I did:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with foil. 

Cut chicken diagonally to create a pocket and stuff with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Dredge in egg and then in seasoned parmesan cheese (I used salt, pepper, fiesta seasoning, and jalapeno garlic salt). Briefly fry it in hot veggie oil until crispy, about 2-3 minutes on each side. 

Remove from the oil and place in the baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and cheese is melted. 

It was really good for a low carb, gluten free dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment