Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New activities....

Now that snowpocalypse is over in the South, temperatures are beginning to return to our 10 month a year normal. Temperatures for the last 5 days have been in the 70's and 80's, which means everyone in town is running outside to load up on Vitamin D. 

I love it. 

My husband was finally home on a Saturday this past weekend so we took the kids to the movies and then to the park to play while we walked the track and chatted. That is the first time in our 13 year marriage that we have gone walking together and it was so nice. 


The other thing that we noticed was the fact that Jansen is suddenly enamored with tennis. He is the one that doesn't want to play any sports, do anything extracurricular, and is only interested in cooking and eating. Well that is fine. I have him in the kitchen with me frequently to nurture that interest, but I would really love to get him involved in something that gets his body moving. 


After practicing a bit of tennis with him, on our walk home, he said, "I don't want to play soccer, basketball, football, or baseball. I just want to play tennis. Tennis is the best!"

So we have been going every day to the park or the school just to practice hitting tennis balls, running around, and having a good time. I have left a message for a private tennis instructor to see if we can get some lessons on the book to see how he likes it. We have a family rule that if any of our kids starts an activity, they must commit to a full year. He is going to have to commit as well. 

Oh how I would love him to play in intermediate and high school. We shall see. For right now, he is loving it and is asking to go play every day. I'll take what I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment