Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Finished pre-teen boy's Nintendo themed room...

Well, I am going to go ahead and say this room is finished. Actually we are still waiting for the coordinating headboard to arrive, but we put my in-law's headboard on his bed in the meantime. 

All in all, I think it turned out really well. Caleb loves it and I think it meets his criteria for a more mature Nintendo themed room. Here are a few before and after pictures...

This first one shows the old cartoon theme that we did for him for Christmas when he was 6. The desk was given to us by my in-laws because they are moving. 



The picture frames, pixel wall clock, and black desk lamp are all from Ikea. The prints were googled and printed on my home printer.


I wish I had taken more before pictures, but the room was such a wreck...I just couldn't bring myself to do so,

Here is the new dresser and mirror with the "evolution of Nintendo" controller art on the wall...

The rug was from Overstock.com, the dresser is from Rambo's Furniture, and the "evolution" art was made by me using controllers my mother found and a shadow box from Hobby Lobby. 

Here is the bed and bedding with the temporary headboard. You can also see the matching end table with decor from the dollar store....


I tried to take another photo but the sun was giving a weird glare so this is the best I could get. I love this art work over his bed. It is mounted on wood and I LOVE it!!!


We can now breathe as it is finished. Caleb is happy, and now Jansen is begging to redo his room. Good grief, I need a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment