Friday, January 3, 2014

8 year old Junior Chef

One of Jansen's Christmas presents this year was his own personalized chef jacket. When he opened it, he said, "Oh a chef jacket. I don't know if I am ready for this!"

He's cute!

Anyway, his two passions include food and animals. He has been talking my ear off this week about becoming a vet and going to Texas A&M. Since that is my alma mater, I am ALL FOR IT! But, he loves to cook! Honestly, I just want him to do what he loves to do. 

So this summer we will enroll him in our local Critter Camp, so he can get some more hands on work with animals from our local SPCA....and we are going to find someone who would be willing to give him some weekly cooking lessons. 

Today he was ready to get some cooking done. On goes the chef jacket. 

Seriously....how cute is this kid?!

He made beef and chicken fajitas and veggies for the family for lunch. He even cubed up some cheese to snack on as everything cooked. 

My only criticism....he was a little heavy on the peppercorns. 


He loves pepper and he loves grinding it into a meal....and it was definitely strong. But all in all, he did a great job. 

He's so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment