Tuesday, June 18, 2013

When an 8 year old cooks dinner....

you get something surprisingly yummy. 

Like I said in a previous post, I am working with my youngest son this summer on learning some basics of cooking. Seriously, food is his passion. He actually told me today, "I just don't know why I am always thinking of food. I live to eat!"

Oh from the mouths of babes....

Anyway, after searching Pinterest for some easy recipes for kids to cook and to eat, we decided on mini corn dog balls in the cake pop maker. 

This child did everything. I just sat back and gave advice. 

He took 2 hot dogs and cut them into small pieces, and then microwaved them for a quick 30 seconds. He got a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix, read the directions, and mixes everything together. I was really impressed with how methodical he was. 

We got out the trusty ice cream scoop and scooped half a scooper full into the cake ball wells. He set the timer for 3 minutes and they came out amazing! (I took them out of the wells because I am just not comfortable with him around heat yet).

I made a quick fruit salad and this dinner was finished. Even his picky brother ate them all. He was proud of himself and he learned a few new skills. He is progressing nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment