Saturday, May 11, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Day #5 and school Fun Run

That's it folks. Put a fork in me. I am done....for the week, at least. 

This was the final day of Teacher Appreciation and it was also the day of the Fun Run. 

We arrived early to begin decorating the teacher lounge with all of the goodies that the PTO moms made. Might I say, they did a totally amazing job! I am very impressed with all their hard work. It really does take a village. 

Here is how the decorations turned out...




We had our parents donate baked goods, and these parents pulled through with some delicious options....










We also hung up a photo booth for our teachers to have fun with....






The PTO moms had fun with it too...

And I get to have the crown because Friday was my birthday! The big 33. Wow. 

The moms got me a kindergarten crown, my friend Lupe brought me flowers, and my friend Crystal got me a Donnie Wahlberg doll. Taking me back to the great 1989!

In between decorating, the kids went in grade groups to participate in the Fun Run to raise money for a track at our school. It was so cute to see all those adorable kids running their hearts out. 

Jansen is not a runner. In fact, he is kind of a stubborn and lazy kid. I have to be honest. He is the sweetest, most kind hearted and loving kid...who loves to play, but when he doesn't want to do something, buddy...he isn't doing it. He is not a fan of a lot of physical activities (we have to get really creative) and he will just dig his heels in. He gets that from me. I didn't think he was going to run one lap, but he ended up running 4...with me running the last two with him. Proud of him for trying it. 




Caleb was into it. He was challenged by his teacher to run over 30 laps, so he and his friend, Macy teamed up to run 36 laps! They did an amazing job. I was able to run 4 laps with them. Just as they were crossing the finish line....the sky turned jet black and opened up to pour down on us. 



We all ran inside to finish up Teacher Appreciation...soaked and sweaty!

It was a great way to spend my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment