Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I have a 10 year old!!!!

Dang, this makes me feel old. I have a child that is a decade old!!!!! 32 isn't that old right??! Anyone? No? ok....

This morning I woke up at 4:45 when my husband left for work and got started filling balloons. When I turned 10, one of my mother's very good friends brought be a bouquet of 10 balloons with money attached to each one. I remember loving that idea as a kid, so that is what I did for Caleb this morning. 

He lives on next to no sleep, so I had to get up super early to make sure he wasn't already awake yet. But by 5:00am, I had filled 10 balloons and had attached money to each one. I set out all my breakfast stuff last night so it would be quicker this morning, and I got started on pancakes. 

Party Pancakes!!!!

Caleb LOVES pancakes. Pancakes and cinnamon rolls. Pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and donuts. Pancakes, cinnamon rolls, donuts, and kolaches. Basically any breakfast food, he loves, although he is an incredibly picky eater. 

Caleb got dressed and I took the boys to school to drop off cupcakes.

 Then I ran to my study group at 8:30, ran a ton of errands and stopped by Chick fil A to get Caleb, myself, and my mom lunch. We met up at his school to enjoy a birthday lunch. 


Tonight we will be headed to dinner...Caleb's choice. I love it, because I don't have to cook! 

I love this kid with my heart and soul. He is so complex and simple at the same time. He continues to progress day after day....showing everyone that Autism is just an aspect of him....it does not define him! Happy 10th Birthday Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment