Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter egg dying...2013 edition

It has definitely been a tradition to color Easter eggs the week before Easter. The kids seem to really enjoy it and we will keep doing it for as long as they are interested. 

Each year we do a different style egg, and this year the boys decided to go back to basics. No marbeling, no tie dye, no sparkles, no stickers...just basic, bright, and bold! 

Caleb was in the driver's seat on this one. Jansen being the strong willed child that he is, was not interested in dying them, but once he saw us, he didn't want to be left out. Aren't we all like that?! I don't want to do it, but you can't do it either! Yup, I have issues. :)

Caleb was able to read the directions and follow them and made the decision as to hold low to leave them in the coloring. They turned out to be beautiful neon colors. 









The only one I wish was a bit brighter was the orange one. How come all of the rest of them look like the Radical 80's....and the orange ones look like a creamsicle??? Caleb kept checking and checking it and finally just took it out. Jansen was in charge of the lime green ones...which he was the most proud of. He LOVES lime green. He was very particular about achieving the perfect shade of lime, hoping it would match his shirt. It worked!

Come on sweet little Easter bunny! We have some cute projects to work on. Tangent...I feel like I am running out of time to do these kinds of fun things with both my boys. I will probably be more disappointed than they will be when it is over. It makes me happy to do these kind of things with them. 


1 comment:

  1. Perhaps leave it in there from now until Easter. ;) haha. I've always heard more vinegar to make them more vibrant?

    ReplyDelete