Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fish extender gifts

This morning I received an email from one of the cruise people saying that they had several people who missed the fish extender group deadline, so they were going to make another one. That means we get to join. Let's hope everyone else wants to join up with only 2 weeks left. Either way, I went to the store today to get some supplies to make gifts, and to get some pirate accessories for the Pirate Party. 

Here is what I came home with:


Of course I found several things for my own kids...pirate tattoos, foam pirate swords, eye patches, pirate hats, and glow swords. I also found some red striped fabric in the swatch section of Walmart for $4 for my pirate outfit, and I may or may not use the rhinestone skull iron-on I bought as well. 

So I set out to make treat bags for the kids in our FE group. I am not sure how many are in our group yet, but I have enough for 16 right now. Some people give presents for adults, some just do kids, some do one gift, some do more....we decided to combine several things into one gift just for the kiddos. 

This is what I came up with:



Here is how I did it....
 I bought a bag of Disney candy, a bag of Blow Pops, some glow sticks, and some mini bubbles. 

First things first, I wanted to add some cute glitter pirate stickers to some dollar store bubbles....for the Pirate Party. 




I love these!

Then I set out the rest of my supplies (card stock, scissors, glue stick, hole punches, candy, glow sticks, finished bubbles, stapler, and baggies)

I decided to cut out some very simple designs with Mickey heads using the classic Disney colors of red, black, and yellow. 

After gluing everything together, I folded the card in half, filled the bags, and stapled the cards to the top of the baggies. 

They turned out pretty well! I wanted to make something small enough to fit in any of the fish extenders, something that was gender neutral, and something that had a variety of items in it. Mission accomplished!

Now onto finishing our pirate outfits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment