Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treating: Halloween 2012

Oh, Halloween is over! Both of my children have bags full of candy and are exhausted. Can't say that I blame them :)

Every year, our neighborhood makes Halloween fantastic for the children of the community. People come from surrounding cities to our neighborhood for the hay rides, moonwalks, and hot dogs. This year, we filled an ice chest with candy and it lasted a little over an hour. 

It was my turn to stay behind this year and hand out candy, so the hubs went with my friend, Carmela and her kids walking the neighborhood. 






Afterwards, we hit up Sonic for 25 50 cent corn dogs and then headed to Carmela's house. Her husband had decorated their carport and we hung out there to play for a while. While I am not a fan of the spooky, gross aspect of Halloween, I have been teaching my kids that it is a time to have a little bit of fun and dress up. That's it. It's about making memories...not scary, gory things.

No comments:

Post a Comment