Friday, November 2, 2012

Peppered bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos...

My husband is on a no/low carb diet. I shudder to even type that because my love for carbs extends further than just breads and potatoes. Carbs complete me. We are soul mates. Being on a low carb diet turns me into the Wicked Witch of the West for sure. 

When my husband announced that he was going to be on this diet again, I immediately bristled. That means an increase in our grocery budget. That means extra grease. That means listening to him gripe about all the things that we are eating that he cannot. Bright side? I don't have to cook that much for him. 


He likes steaks and grilling. I do not grill. But he is getting a little tired of those things. So yesterday I felt like being nice and made him some quick stuffed peppers for dinner.


Here's how I did it:


  • 8 oz of softened cream cheese
  • 10-20 jalapenos
  • bacon
  • toothpicks
Wash the jalapenos and dry them off well.

Using a knife, cut the stem off the top of each jalapeno and then cut each in half lengthwise.


Using a spoon, scoop out the insides and discard. Make sure not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth while scooping since the seeds are what gives the jalapeno it's heat. Your face will be on fire!


Fill each half with cream cheese. This would be a good time to add some other flavors to your cream cheese. You could add diced shrimp, bacon, etc...but I just used regular old cream cheese. 

Cut your bacon into thirds. I used peppered bacon because the hubs likes it the best.

Wrap each jalapeno half with a small slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. 

Place on a broiling pan and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, and then broil on high for 5 minutes to help crisp the bacon. 

Quick, easy, and low carb...the hubs loved them! They were pretty tasty if I do say so myself. Next time I am going to add popcorn sized shrimp to them. Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment