Friday, November 2, 2012

Operation Christmas Child...

It's that time of year again. Even though it is only the first week of November, our minds are quickly shifting to Christmastime. Thankfully, almost all of our gift shopping is done. 

Every year, we put together a few boxes for some children oversees who are less fortunate than we are. I often forget, in the middle of our budgets, spending, stretching, and buying how blessed we are. We are incredibly blessed to have our family, health, and happiness. My boys will each choose a boy or a girl of a certain age, and will donate some of their money to help fill a box with goodies. 

While I was at the store today picking up supplies for our school movie night tonight, I picked up some goodies to fill a box for a girl, aged 5-9. I love shopping for girls since I usually only shop for boys. Here is what I was able to get for her for about $10:


  • a journal
  • a set of cute mechanical pencils
  • fancy erasers
  • glow necklaces
  • fancy stickers
  • a stuffed unicorn
  • lip gloss

It's not too late to pack a shoe box for a child this Christmas. Here is the link to the Samaritan's Purse website....we will be paying online to ship so that we can track our packages. Last year, they all went to Mexico. We are hoping they go somewhere overseas this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment