Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jalapeno Cheese Enchiladas

Dinner tonight is going to be a modification meal. I was looking towards making something Mexican but I didn't really have everything that I needed to make enchiladas.

I whipped up something quick using just a few ingredients. If there are more than about 6 ingredients in a recipe, I don't want to cook it. Does that make me lazy? Oh well!

These did turn out yummy if I do say so myself.


Jalapeno Cheese Enchiladas

  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 8 oz shredded cheese
  • 1/4 c diced onion
  • 4 oz canned chopped jalapenos
  • 4-6 flour tortillas
  • chunky salsa

Blend cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and add onion, jalapenos, and 1/2 of the cheese. Mix until well blended.



Spoon mixture into center of tortilla, roll, and place in a baking dish (seam side down) that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.

Cover the top with salsa and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This was quick and easy and can be made with more calories or fewer calories. This is what I had in the pantry so I had a major, "make it work" Tim Gunn moment. I love that man. Wish he could be my personal stylist every day of my life!

Dinner is served!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete