Thursday, August 11, 2011

The power of CONTACT...


This is the power of contact.

I am not a fan of reaching out and touching someone by phone. It almost makes me break out in hives to actually use the phone. That's why I love technology!!!! Texting, blogging, facebooking, twittering, emailing...that is how I get stuff done.

Yet again, we have overextended ourselves and we are looking for relatively painless ways to cut back.

I coupon...but not crazy coupon. Usually, we buy generic, but there are some things that we don't like to compromise on. Dog food, laundry detergent, certain cereals, yogurt, and hair care products especially. So I used the power of the internet, took 5 minutes, and shot my favorite companies an email to voice my opinions on their products and request some additional coupons. It worked.

And on my most recent grocery trip...a trip that would average about $150 for a 2 week food supply.....I spent $92.09! That is a personal best!!!! Progress is good. I won't become one of those couponers on TV though....that gives me butterflies in my tummy (and not in a good way!) But if I can continue that, we could save about $116 a month on groceries.

We also bundle our cable, internet, and phone services....and as much as we use it, the bill was still more than we were wanting to pay. I don't have the time or desire to sit on the phone and wait for some person half way across the world to pick up the phone because my call is very important to them. So I got on the company's website and logged on to their chat feature. In 10 minutes our bill was reduced by $35 a month for 6 months on a promotional deal with no strings attached. No changes to our service and all it took was a quick chat session.
So just to recap...this week, I adjusted 2 things on our budget and reduced our bills by $150 a month. :)
Ask and you shall receive....it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment