Sunday, July 31, 2011

School prep :)

A brand new school year is only 3 weeks away and I am feeling a little anxious for the first time.

The boys will be in 1st and 3rd grades this year and it will be my first year as PTO President. Now that it is August, I have to be ready.

My mom and I spent last Thursday school shopping for some new clothes for the kids. My youngest is QUICKLY cruising through sizes and all of last year's jeans for my oldest are too short. Dorkishly too short.

Needless to say, we are ready Freddy.

Caleb's first day of school stuff:
He picked out a new backpack this year because he is "just too old for characters, Mom". So a camo backpack, shark lunch bag, red striped shirt, and a new pair of jeans...(he would prefer to wear jeans every day, even in 100+ degree weather).

Jansen's first day of school stuff:

He has his same backpack from last year because it looks brand new, a new race car lunch bag, an X games shirt, and a new pair of shorts. He is my kiddo that is pretty laid back, but when he has an opinion...he sticks to it.

Backpacks? Check!
Lunch boxes? Check!
School Supplies? Check!
School clothes? Check!
PTO meeting agenda? Almost check.

I am going to push through the anxiety and just do the best I can possibly do. I want my kids to have a really special school year and I am going to do everything in my power to help make it that way.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're such a good mommy! :) We're almost there, just a couple of pairs of shorts and we're good to go. Now, to find shorts that AREN'T booty shorts on Long Legs Lucy here!! :D

    ReplyDelete