Sunday, March 6, 2011

Homemade flower hair pin....

I adore all of the cute hair embellishments out there in blog land. And while I am sewing impaired and don't really have the desire to learn, I am a whiz with a glue gun. That's right...I said it.

I have dreams of rosette hairbands, flower clips, etc...I can't spend any money on that right now. But I realized that I have everything I need here to make a really basic floral bobby pin. Here are the two I came up with tonight.



So here is the step-by-step of the totally easiest floral bobby pin in the world.
You will need:

  • floral petals
  • glue gun
  • bobby pins
  • tiny pieces of fabric (felt works really well, but I didn't have any)
  • various beads and shiny thingies :)



First take several petals off of the stem. I took off the little plastic pieces in the middle as well.

Cut a small piece of fabric...about this size.

Dab a little hot glue on the fabric and attach the bobby pin.

While that dries, start stacking your petals together however is pleasing to you, carefully glueing the centers together.

Experiment with what you want to go into the center. I several single earrings that have lost their mate, and just detached them from the earring back.

I chose the first and second...they were cute. Then glue it to the center.

While that dries, cut another strip of fabric a little bit longer than the first one, and glue it to the backside of the flower.

Attach the two pieces of fabric together...and you are done.


Here is how it looks in my hair. No I did not fix my hair today, so it is just pulled back in a messy ponytail...but you get the idea.

Cuteness. Freeness. I am ready to make more with some other types of flowers and bead I have around the house!

6 comments:

  1. You know I was just thinking that spring is coming and I want some cute, simple and cheap hair pins for my 4 girls. How great is that, I found you today!!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ww, what a great pin. Really nice job. Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you can keep the messy ponytail and it looks cute and casual and on purpose now! What a great project, I have been wanting to make hair thingies lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty. I think I like the blue beads best.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of your idea & oh so cute! Thank you for sharing your great project by linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. @ The Tattered Tag. Please remember tomorrow is another fun blog bash, so drop by and link up more of your creativity! :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute! Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete