Sunday, November 28, 2010

TEXANS WIN!!!

We went to our Texans game today and it was great!!! Even though I am only two and a half weeks out of surgery, this weekend was the first time I actually felt pretty good. I rested up, we parked in the Maroon lot (which is like a mile out), and I just walked really slowly. Everything was good until about halftime.

I really had to get up several times and walk around. By the time we walked all the way back down the ramps and got to the car, I was in pain. My stomach was very swollen and my incision was aching. But it was worth it, because my Texans beat the Titans 20-0. That's right folks...a shut out!!! Yes!!!

Coming home today I was confronted by all my anxiety. I so look forward to tomorrow, because even if I don't feel like it, I am going to get back into my normal Mom-routine. I am going to get up early with my kiddos, make breakfast, sign papers, make lunches, pack backpacks, oversee teeth brushing and showers, set out clothes, walk the kids to school, do a little Christmas shopping, wrap some gifts, finish up laundry, cook dinner, go to the doctor, and take Jansen to piano lessons. I don't care if I swell up, for my own sanity, I have to get back to my active lifestle. I am still not sleeping, which that in and of itself makes me dread bedtime, and I am still a little emotional. The only way to change that is to do my best to make myself feel normal again...even if I have to fake it for a little while.

Light at the end of the tunnel? I may see a tiny spark WAY off in the distance!! Oh how I hope this Tylenol PM works tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment