Monday, November 29, 2010

All clear

Today I went to my PS for my "final" post-op visit. He told me that things are looking good. Things are shifting where they need to shift, and I am healing well. He encouraged me to go slowly back into my normal life and told me that I don't have to wear my binder 24 hours a day anymore.

Oh, I have a love/hate relationship with this binder. I think I need to wean myself off of it, because I feel so vulnerable with it off. I am going to switch to spanx or some different kind of control top something. He said I don't have to sleep in it, but if I am going to be up a lot (buying groceries, cleaning, etc) to wear it to reduce the swelling. He also cleared me to begin walking at the track again, although I am supposed to wear a binder and start off at only 10 minutes. Today I did go out by myself to grab a couple Christmas gifts and to go to the bank before the doctor and I am way tired. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere until tonight!

I was encouranged by the PS's attitude and by his happiness with my progress. Asked all the questions I needed to and now it is just a waiting game. I can't wait to be able to buy a few new clothes and bras! WOOHOO!!

Ok, so now I am done with my plastic surgery rants since my whole life for 3 weeks has been wrapped up in it. Gotta get back to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment