Friday, October 1, 2010

Progress on Master Bedroom

Slowly but surely, this room is getting better.

Remember where we started?

Don't get me wrong, this room was nice, but once you change the bed, it seems like the whole thing has to go!

First we added the king sized bed and it has totally changed my sleeping habits for the better.
My husband works shift work and always woke me up getting into bed. Now we have a Tempurpedic style king sized bed (that we got on clearance) and I hardly feel a thing. It took about a week to get used to the style and no longer having a coil type mattress, but BOY it has done wonders for my back! Two scoliosis surgeries and I could never really get comfortable at night. :)

Then we got a king sized sheet set from the lovely Target, and it was also on clearance. Woohoo!!

Then we ordered the PERFECT comforter set from Overstock.com. If you have not gone to their site, you should! We have only bought 2 things from there, but you just can't beat their prices and shipping prices. It shipped quickly and was just perfect. Thank you Michael Kors for designing it. I love it.

But once I got the comforter on, the color scheme in my room was completely off. So my end tables from the living room became nightstands, the two Poppy pictures came down and a piece of wrought iron from our front porch came in, the burgundy curtains traded places with the green silk curtains from our piano room, and that is as far as I can go for now.

Next is to get a pair of lamps...but that will come with next week's paycheck. It is coming along nicely, I think :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I like the before AND after! Thanks for linking it up to Show and Tell Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comforter set! gorgeous choice!

    ReplyDelete