Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Transformation Tuesday...soccer skills

Today I want to give transformation credit to my oldest son, who inspires me everyday! Although he has been diagnosed with Autism, he is slowly transforming into a neurotypical child. Many people have told me that they can't tell there is anything different about him, and don't get me wrong, that is a good thing. But living with him, we notice the little things like inability to make eye contact, lack of appropriate emotion, and lack of awareness of other people.
This afternoon we had only a minor issue over his clothes for soccer practice. To him, they smelled funny, but in actuality, they smelled exactly the same as his current clothes. By the time he got to practice, I really noticed a difference in him. His coach is incredible with him, reminding him to look at other players, what to look for, and to not be afraid to go to the ball. I watched my child quickly learn to use the inside if his foot, to keep the ball close, and to dribble while looking for an open teammate! In two short weeks his awareness is skyrocketing.
His quote for the day was, "I am getting more excited, Mom!"
So am I son!

No comments:

Post a Comment