Saturday, August 28, 2010

My newest challenge

Massive budget fail. Hopefully ours is not the only family who goes through this. As much as I try to keep up with our family budget spreadsheet, there are inevitably times that we just didn't or couldn't stay on track. This is one such month...poor money management skills.

For punishment, or actually motivation, I am issuing a challenge to myself to not spend any extra money for this week. Obviously, this does not include the bills that we have to pay such as mortgage, car, or even piano lessons. That means, no last minute runs to the store for milk or eggs, no eating out, no shopping, etc. All our bills for the first two weeks of September have been scheduled and I have a full tank of gas. Let's see how it goes, and how creative I can be when unexpected things come up. :)



On a fun note, today was the first soccer tournament of the season. Caleb had three games today, at 8:30, 11:30, and 5:30. Let me just say, the Texas Gulf Coast is incredibly hot and humid and this field had not a bit of shade. It was a beautiful and clear, sunny day, but was every bit of 100 degrees. These kids and parents were HOT! Good note: we won the first two games (16-1, 5-4), but lost the last one (6-2). We are so proud of how well our team played!!! My Caleb scored two goals and his little face lit up like the sunshine. But by the end of the day, he said, "Mom, my batteries have run out." I completely understand!! Way to go, Pumas!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Awww, congrats to Caleb and his team! I can hear your voice in my head when I read this. Weird. :)

    Have you ever tried e-mealz.com? It's awesome and I love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete