Friday, July 2, 2010

Raining cats and dogs....

Here in South Texas it has been raining for 4 days straight now, and not just raining, but pouring. Thanks to Hurricane Alex that decided to enter the coast to our south. The first 2 days were ok to deal with because the kids and I had many things we could do inside the house. But now, to be perfectly honest, this is getting really old and frankly, depressing. My children are super cranky, I am getting sad and lethargic, and those two combinations are never good. My parents decided to take the kids for a few hours this afternoon after lunch and gave me some time to be alone. I love to be alone.

In this yucky weather, I chose not to do anything, but watch movies, and sit on the couch. To make matters worse, there seems to be nothing on TV but sad movies. So to wallow in the sadness (while the back of my mind dreams of sunshine, flowers, and blue skies) is to recount my top 10 tear-jerker movies of all time...well at least for me. Since I have had my boys, I cry very easily, but I think you have to have a Chandler-heart-of-stone if you don't cry at these.

1. The Bridges of Madison County-I am always screaming GET OUT OF THE TRUCK, and crying hysterically when she gets the boxes of his things after the dies)
2. The Notebook-ohmygoodness. Watching the love of your life drift away into senility...agh!
3. Beaches-Did you ever know that you're my hero?
4. The Color Purple-injustice and pain...it's beautiful
5. Sophie's Choice-who could choose? And the movie is just crazily brilliant
6. Steel Magnolias-Thank God for the comedy of Olympia Dukakis and Shirley Maclaine to break the tension
7. Mr. Holland's Opus-beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Cole....
8. Terms of Endearment-come on, who didn't cry?!
9. Out of Africa-geez, the speech at the funeral???
10. Forrest Gump-every time Tom Hanks asks if his kid is simple, I lose it.

Boy, I can't wait for a beautiful day, because I am looking so forward to posting a top 10 comedy list!

On a happy side, I did brave the torrential downpour to get my hair cut for the first time in a year. I like it. It is pretty versatile and fresh, and thankfully, makes me feel a little younger.

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is sooo cute, they did a great job!
    I have to say though, its cracking me up to hear all my Texas friends complaining about the rain! It's only been a few days... I think it rained the whole month of April here!!! Argh!

    ReplyDelete