Thursday, June 3, 2010

End of School!

School is officially over!!! Praise the Lord, and pass the Riesling. Caleb is sad that school is out, and I do wish that he could be in school all year, but I am blissfully happy to live a more relaxed lifestyle over the next two and a half months. I now have a Kindergartener and a 2nd grader! Congrats to my boys!

Today was the end of year teacher luncheon and one final meeting. It went so well. We decorated it nicely, had some great food, and almost everyone was able to attend. Thank you to all the teachers and volunteers who helped make it so wonderful. I threw together a cake last night....I am not super happy with it, because I could have done a lot better at the details and decorating. But honestly, I was exhausted and ready to go to bed. But anyway, here it is....it tasted good.

My next project is for a cake for my cousin's baby girl's birthday and a cake for Father's Day. Nothing else until the fall!! It is fun to bake, but I could never do this for a living. I have a few friends who are incredibly talented in cake decorating and I support them!!! :) It's super difficult, but fun to learn about as a hobby. Bring on the summer!!! I need to get back on my diet!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment