Saturday, May 29, 2010

more birthday madness

I am so thankful that this month is almost over!!! This has been a crazy, mixed up, heck of a May. Wow! I am exhausted just typing this. I turned 30, we had our 9th anniversary, Jansen turned 5, we put in granite, we put in laminate wood flooring, we went to the doctor 7 times between the 4 of us, I hosted a week of Teacher Appreciation, we hosted Field Day, hosted an End of Year Teacher Luncheon, and of course...end of school parties and awards. Stick a fork in me, I am done.

Today we had a SMALL family get together for Jansen's 5th birthday...just the immediate family. We (and our kids) are so blessed to have 2 sets of grandparents and 3 sets of great-grandparents! We really over-extended ourselves financially this month and I really need to get back on the frugal track...hence the small party. Some pizza, salad, silly string, a homemade cake, and some balloons made for a fun Saturday afternoon.

After Jansen's party, Caleb and I headed out for a friend's party...complete with giant water slide. Caleb had a blast! He didn't have a meltdown, played on the slide, and socialized with the other kids. Success :)

I am so ready to slip into summer, although I feel like I might melt with this ridiculous heat and humidity. PS-it's not even August..the hottest time of the year!!! Oh wait, maybe I will sweat some weight off. There's the positive! PPS-I am looking for a living room rug. If you see a nice one for a reasonable price on Craig's List or at a garage sale...let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment