Thursday, May 6, 2010

Days #26 and #27..it's a combo

Yesterday's and today's blogs are a combo today, since Josh and I were on an overnight date in Houston last night.

Mark off #30, go to a concert. Josh and I headed to Houston yesterday to go see Norah Jones in concert. We checked in to the Crowne Plaza River Oaks and then headed to Guadalajara. Bad for my diet, you say? Yes. Yes it is. And did I eat? Yes, yes I did. Josh and I split an appetizer, and I didn't feel guilty about it. Then we went over to the theater and had drinks and dessert at Birra Porettis. Oh yes, I had a piece of chocolate chip cheesecake. By that time, I did feel guilty.

The concert was fun. Her opening act was Sarah Jaffe, who was definitely a fantastic singer, yet she sang about 10 of the same songs. Just her and her accordian player. Norah came out and sang with her band, and I thouroughly enjoyed it. The venue was so different from any place I had been to, but I definitely look forward to going back for another concert soon.

We were only gone for 24 hours and it felt like a whole weekend. We were able to shop, hang out, and just enjoy our time together.

What could possibly be the icing on the cake?? Coming home to this...





Yup, granite. I have always, always, always wanted granite, and this is sooooo perfect. I am blissfully happy with it!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, your kitchen was BEAUTIFUL before, but wow what a difference the granite makes!! Amber you have a beautiful home friend.

    ReplyDelete