Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day #30...the end

As THE LIST rolls slowly to a close, it is painfully incomplete. There are a few things that I simply dropped the ball on and some things that were not possible to complete. Today, I mark off #25, buy something from an informercial. What could that purchase be? A SlapChop....that is right, my friends. I bought a SlapChop from the ShamWow guy. Not only did I fall for this ad, hook, line, and sinker, but I just flat out enjoyed it. It was the most entertaining ad out there! Who can say NO to this guy rapping? Not me. AND I got the Graty. My life feels complete.



Also, mark off #12: cut soda out of my diet for 30 days. I did it.
Mark off #19: blog daily about THE LIST

So what were the things that I did not accomplish?
#4: Read a chapter a day in the bible. I started this, but couldn't finish it.
#5: Be able to run one lap at the track, non-stop. Somehow, my schedule never allowed me enough time to get out there and do it. I am going to though.
#10: Swim in the ocean. This will be accomplished in November in Mexico!
#15: Walk on the beach at night with my husband. Nope, didn't make it.
#16: Play in the rain. It has been dry for a month
#27: Go to the movies by myself and feel confident about it. My schedule never permitted this. Jansen gets out of school at 12, and movies don't even start until after then. Maybe I can do this when he goes to kindergarten.

So 6 items were not completed. I plan to do each and every one as soon as possible. Doing this for 30 days has given me a little extra drive to make plans, no matter how big or small. Everyone needs to have goals. My dad always talked to me about the importance of having short and long term goals.

What will I think of next?

Also, on a semi-unrelated thought...tonight, on the eve of my 30th birthday, I am surprisingly depressed. I am depressed more knowing that I should not be depressed, fully realizing that I will look back and think how wonderful my life is. And it is. Maybe it is a wish to not have an age. I certainly don't wish to turn back the clock and return to any age that I have been. Maybe I just cannot seem to put my finger on it. Maybe that is ok. Will tomorrow be any different than today? No, I have PTA things to do, children to raise, homework to help with, weight to lose, a house to clean, groceries to buy, flooring to pick out, etc, etc, etc. But the number over my head ticks to 30. And now I cry. My 20s are gone, in the blink of an eye. I didn't realize how painful it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment