Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day #19...big fat loser

Today is a good day. I have lost 10 pounds, which means blissfully marking off #6. At this rate, my hope is to lose 10 more by my birthday. Things are getting better on my diet with less hunger pangs, fewer headaches, and more energy. I would still eat a whole loaf of bread though if I could...and last night, Josh brough home chocolate chip cookies. So unfair of him. Gladly, none were eaten by me!

My only cheat while on this diet was Monday. On Monday, I just couldn't stand it anymore and I ate a Chick-fil-A chargrilled chicken sandwich, bread and all. No fries, no soda, just the chicken sandwich and I did NOT feel guilty. I did, however, feel very, very full...so maybe the big ol gut is shrinking.

Addressing the list, things are going pretty smoothly. There is only one that I just cannot bring myself to do no matter how hard I try. #10, swim in the ocean will be taken care of in November on our cruise. That way I can see what I am swimming in. If you have never been to our lovely excuse for a beach, you are not missing much. Oh it will do as far as a beach goes, but as far as the water is concerned, it is like swimming in chocolate milk or cappuccino. Yuck-a-roo for reals. So in the end, I will mark off #10 as a scheduled completion, probably with an asterisk that reads: to be completed November 2010 in lovely Cozumel, Mexico.

On the home front, Caleb has learned to tie his shoes, which is another major milestone! School will be out just around the corner and we have scheduled him to attend Angleton's Summer Jamboree on Tuesdays and Thursdays all summer long. They have a lot of activities planned, including field trips every week. I would have loved to do this at his age....Moody Gardens and IMAX, ice skating, bowling, Minute Maid park for an Astros game, the nature museum, etc. He is going to have a blast. Jansen and I will be working on a kindergarten readiness homeschooling program on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. We have a ton of material to cover this summer, but I don't want to wear him out. He will soon be 5 and wants a skateboard cake. HMMM, I think I can come up with that one.

Tis all for today. Blog ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment