Friday, April 23, 2010

Day #14: drums keep pounding rhythms to the brain

That is what it feels like inside my head. A big drum, pounding on every inch of my skull. Bonus: the 80's station is playing some awesome music (ie You Belong to the City by Glenn Frey). At least I can close my eyes and drift back to Skating America on a Saturday night. I remember how my friends and I used to put on our glitter makeup, tease our already crimped side ponytail, slouch down our giant neon pink and green socks, slap on 6 slap bracelets, and hit the skating rink fast and furious. That makes my head hurt just a little bit less.

Today I want to eat my way through the whole Mrs. Baird's Bread Factory, and chase that with 2 gallons of root beer. Oh wait, "How will I know" just came on! Whitney was in her prime! Anyway. This is difficult and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier yet. Perseverance! Failure is not an option, but my will is weak. Just putting that out there.

Today, I am marking off #13, write a song. The beauty of this is that there were no requirements put on this one. So I basically wrote a kid-themed poem, that you can sing to any nursery rhyme, because that's how I roll. But wait, I know what you are thinking. "Amber, please post this! My life just isn't complete unless I can read it and sing it in my head!" Well folks, I am no Sherry Lewis. I could not possibly hate you so much that I would plant a ridiculous song in you head to linger there for hours...much like "The song that doesn't end."

Oh you remember that song.....This is the song that doesn't end/Yes it goes on and on my friend/Some people started singing it not knowing what it was/And they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end....

You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment