Monday, November 23, 2009

I Heart DDUB!!!


















Josh totally won points and bought us tickets to the much hyped Donnie Wahlberg "I Got It" release party. If I am not able to get a ticket to the NKOTB cruise, this is the next best thing. In all actuality, I think it is probably better!



We got Mimi to babysit the kids, Josh booked a hotel room, and we hit the road headed for HUSH off I-10. Earlier in the week, I was fortunate enough to get one of the 100 Facetime ticket upgrades with promised a Meet and Greet, autographs, and pictures with Mr. Donnie Wahlberg himself. Two days before the party, Donnie tweeted that anyone who wanted a facetime upgrade could get one, as a fundraiser for a BH who passed away this year. Then he tweeted that anyone who had a ticket could bring a friend for free. So I contacted a friend who found a friend to meet us at the club.



We knew since there were now unlimited FT tickets, that this would be packed. We got in line at 5:30 and didn't get in the door until 7pm. We met some girls from Louisiana that we hung out with who were equally as nervous to meet DDub, and grabbed a few drinks to wait. They called our numbers to get in line, and at about 8:30, there he was, standing right in front of me. They were really running behind, so they told us that we wouldn't be able to pass our cameras to friends to take pictures, and that they would be taking professional pictures that would be available in a couple of days online. Bummed about that but stoked to talk to Donnie, we moved on ahead.


When it was my turn he said, "Come here!" and he hugged me really hard. He gives everyone these really huge bear hugs! :) And I said, "My husband bought tickets for us tonight." and he said, "that's a good man. Tell him I said HI!." and of course I stammered, "ok". Then we posed for pictures. Then he hugged me again, and whispered in my ear, "I love you", and I said "I love you too!" and then he kissed me!! Hell yeah! He is so nice to all of his fans. He really did give every girl there her own time, giving hugs and kisses out. I love him! Can't wait until the pictures go up, since I only have a goofy picture of me walking away from him afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. hey i have been looking for a ddub cd of i got it and rise & grind how did you get a cd cause i really want one write me at lissawahlberg@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete